The republic of South Korea is located on a peninsula extending from the continent of Asia into the Sea of Japan. Korea has a colorful history spanning 5,000 years and has been described as the "land of the morning calm."
What Buckner is Doing
Buckner does not have an established NGO in South Korea, but supports children and families through sending humanitarian aid and new shoes, orphanage support and international adoption.
Through humanitarian aid support and distribution of new shoes, Buckner is helping to prevent future disease and infection in. Many diseases enter the body through the feet when a child walks through mud and filth without shoes. The gift of a new pair of shoes not only protects their feet, but keeps their entire body from being subjected to a number of diseases.
Through our affiliation with Dillon International, Buckner supports a number of orphanages, group homes and foster care in collaboration with the Eastern Social Welfare Society (ESWS).
Dillon International has been placing children from South Korea into families in the United States since 1972. Learn more about our adoption program at http://www.dillonadopt.com/country-skorea.shtml.
How You Can Help:
• Pray: Make a commitment to pray for the children and families of South Korea.
• Give: Make a donation online to support any of the programs listed above or call 214-758-8050 to make a donation by phone.
• Be an Advocate: Share the needs of children in South Korea with your church, community, family and friends.
• Collect Shoes: Host a shoe drive or give a pair of shoes to help orphans and vulnerable children in South Korea.
• Adopt: Learn more about adoptions in South Korea though Dillon International.